Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fireworks and Southern Dawgs

For the 4th of July we were supposed to go hiking but had a change of plans. Instead we invited some friends over for a swim and barbecue. Kalisto and her mom came over. We had such a great time playing in the pool. We then went to our friends parents house -the Milunas' to watch the fireworks. We got the chance to babysit Kalisto for a couple of hours. It was so fun.


Mr. Milunas made these cookies for Kalisto ( he is such a nice man). She was very nice and shared them. She loved them so much that she closed her eyes so she could really enjoy them. She is such a character!
Kalisto kept me company while I was getting ready to watch the fireworks. She decided that she loved my headband so I promptly found another one that matched her shirt. I fixed her hair and gave her a "Kelley Makeover" ( as Clinton called it). So below is me and mini me!

This is the cake I made for the 4th using angel food cake, cool whip, blueberries, and strawberries.yum!


Mr. and Mrs. Milunas are originally from North Carolina. They are fellow "'good Southern Folk". They served Southern Dawgs. This is how you make a Southern Dawg North Carolina Style!



Clinton and Kalisto. She just loooooves him. She stayed snuggled up with him all night.

The view was beautiful from the Milunas' house. Their back deck overlooks the ocean. We were able to see the fireworks from 3 different coastal towns. What a great night.
What a wonderful 4th of July! Spending time with Kalisto has really gotten me in "mommy mode". Hopefully we will find a brithmom soon...




No comments: