Monday, July 23, 2007

We are in Las Vegas and we met the BM

We have arrived in Las Vegas and we had lunch with Lisa and her mom yesterday. She seems to be a very outgoing girl. They are both very nice and friendly. I can tell that Lisa loves her child and wants him to have a good life which she is not in the position to provide right now. I am finding adoption to be more amazing every day. God knows what he is doing. Already I can tell that I could not love this child more if I were giving birth to him. I know the day he is born will be filled with all different emotions including sadness for Lisa.

I got some really good information about her yesterday -favorite colors, things she enjoyed as a child, hobbies, favorite foods, etc.. for the Lifebook I will be creating for Aidan.

Lisa now thinks that she will not be going into labor anytime soon, so we might be here awhile. I can tell you that I am filled with anticipation, nervousness, and excitement. We went to see Harry Potter last night and the only thing I could think about was " I want Aidan to be here!"
Today I will find things to keep myself busy. We bought some more baby gear - warmer blankets and more long sleepers ( you are right Suzanne this hotel is very cold!) I am going to see if I can find a Laundrymat somewhere near by so I can make sure it is all clean and snuggly. I will also probably go to the mall ( shopping always keeps my mind occupied). Perhaps Clinton and I will even go out for an exra special dinner tonight! We might as well enjoy Vegas while we are here!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh, the anticipation! I was so hoping little Aidan had arrived. Can't wait to see pics, hear (read) everything.

My thoughts are with you, Clinton, Lisa and baby Aidan.

suzanne said...

I keep checking to see if Aidan has arrived! I can't wait to hear. I just watched Primetime on ABC about teen mothers giving their babies up for adoption...it chronicled the whole process..I bawled through the whole thing and I am still crying even though it's been over for 15 minutes. Very emotional for all involved. I can only imagine the anticipation that you're feeling right now. But now that I know the love of a child, I know how truly blessed we are.
Enjoy Vegas and enjoy your sleep (if you can)!
PS- They probably have laundry facilities at the hotel?