Thursday, July 12, 2007

We talked to the Birth Mother

Boy has it been hectic around here for the past 24 hours. I have been busy doing some heavy duty shopping and we have another house full of people getting ready for Clilnton's event this weekend. I was supposed to go but now I am staying home to paint the nursery! I was able to purchase a crib, dresser, glider, changing table, stroller, and many odds and ends today. We are going with a pirate theme in the nursery. They aren't mean pirates but very cute looking pirates. I am not sure what color to paint the walls but I would like to do a big mural on one of them with the ocean, sky, palm tree, etc... Clinton also did some shopping while I was out today and purchased a little Lakers basketball outfit ( it is sooo cute, but he probably won't be able to wear it until he is 3 or so.)

Now for the big news.... Clinton and I spoke to Lisa today (BM). She sounded very nice. I let Clinton woo her with his accent. I asked her if she was sure about her decision and she answered with a definite yes. I asked her if we could be present at the birth and she said yes. She said that she thinks the baby will be big and when she had the ultrasound he had very long legs ( the birth father is 6'3 -6'5). Clinton is very excited about this as he will have a basketball buddy! Lisa said that she has not been feeling well for the past couple of days. I think the birth will be very soon. Hopefully she will not go into labor this weekend because I don't know what we would do! I guess I would drive to Vegas and Clinton would fly there Sunday evening. I really hope this does not happen because I want both of us to be there for the birth. So please continue to pray for us.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow, everything is happening so fast. Just go with the flow, take a deep breath. It will all be okay...

How about a pic of the pirates? Only if you have time, that is.

So excited for you guys.

Cara said...

I'm so excited! I'm so excited!