Thursday, October 11, 2007

Adventures in Babysitting

Yesterday Helen and I went to see a taping of the Dr.Phil show, which meant Clinton had his first real "babysitting" experience. We left at 7A.M. and got home at 2P.M. I was a little nervous for a couple of reasons...
1. C. had his first experience dressing Aidan the day before.
2.C. had his first diaper changing experience the day before.( Let me also say that Aidan has a BM every other day and he was 1 day past due so I knew in my heart that Clinton would have his first poopy diaper.) Now I know my husband is a very intelligent man so I decided that the outing would be good for all parties involved. To make things easier for C. I prepped all the bottles and layed out 2 outfits ( 1 outfit for when he first got up and a backup in case he had a blowout).

I called from the Dr. Phil show and asked how everything was going. C. said Aidan was crying a lot and had pooped. ( a mother just knows these things in her heart). When I got home I found Aidan and Clinton laying peacefully together in the bed and my son dressed like this.... Dad didn't mom tell you that my pants go over my onesie.

Dad please fix my pants!
Aidan was a little cranky because he hadn't really been able to nap. I checked Aidans diaper to make sure everything was o.k. Clinton had done a great job changing Aidan! I took off the pants and put Aidan in his "sweet spot" (as I call it) and he drifted right off to sleep for 4 1/2 hours. With the exception of the pants mishap I think C. did a great job. C. and Aidan were both obviously a little stressed out when I got home but everyone survived so it was a score!

I love my dad! Can't you tell by the look on my face.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable!! The pants picture is hysterical!!!! Pay attention Clinton!! -Cara

Rhonda said...

The pants under the onesie is hilarious. Glad you got a day out.