Monday, January 29, 2007

36

Well today is my 36th birthday. I had a wonderful weekend. We went skiing in Big Bear on Saturday, whale watching in San Diego on Sunday morning, and a bonfire on the beach Sunday night.The highlight for me of course was spending time with my hubby and a beautiful poem that he wrote me. I will post it later. The other highlight was watching 2 Gray whales 40 feet long mating .Wow! What a rare sight! There were dolphins swimming all around playing and being "voyeurs". We also got to see the whales "spy hop" and lots of tail flukes. We saw a total of 15 whales. They were everywhere! I really have a "thing" for whales and dolphins and could watch them all day long ( especially in the wild). I can't wait to teach Ella all about them.

Like New Years I take this time to reflect on my life. I have lived a very full life but there is sooo much that I have yet to do. Here are some of the things that I have accomplished and experienced in my life.....
- being part of a loving family
- loving friendships
-have experienced "true love"
-developed a relationship with God
- visited every state in the United States except for a few of the New England states.
- traveled to Mexico, Australia, and the Caribbean
-Sky dived
-gone White Water rafting
-touched the lives of many children and parents
-witnessed Humpback Whales "bubble net feeding" in the wild in Alaska
-flown into the Arctic Circle into an Athabascan Village
-taken a bike ride 36 miles down a volcano
-visited a majority of the Theme Parks in the U.S.
-purchased 2 homes
-the love of Annabelle Leigh
( and many many more that I just can't think of right now)

Here are some things that I will accomplish in the future...
-become a mom!!
-swim with Dolphins
-learn to scuba dive and scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
-visit all around Europe , Asia, and of course Guatemala ( educating our daughter in all of these places)
-learn to speak Spanish
-go on an African Safari
-cuddle a Koala
-learn to Kayak
-learn to surf
-create my own Childrens Charity
( and many many more that I just can't think of right now)

2 comments:

Betsy said...

HAPPPPPPPY BIrrrrtttthDAAAAY to YOU! HAPPPPPPY Birthdaaaaaaay to YOU! Happeee birTHdaaaay to YOOOOU.

Glad you had fun in Big Bear!

Lucinda Naia said...

Wow! I can relate to the birthday celebration! I swam with dolphins on my birthday in October 2006 - it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life (and the day I committed to becoming a mom even if I was a single woman)! I was in Hawaii - Big Island (Kona). If you ever go, I have the contact info for the perfect person to take you. John believes in the sacredness of the dolphins and only takes 6 people on his boat. I still get goosebumps when I remember the personal time he took to call the Hawaiian ancestors before we left the harbor. Anyway, happy birthday!!