Sunday, January 7, 2007

Roller Coaster Ride

We have ran into a little glitch that has to do with getting Clinton's documents authenticated from Australia. I have to call the Guatemalan Embassy in Australia one day next week to figure out how to do this. I spoke to the Latin American coordinator at our agency and even he wasn't sure. He said that each country is different and gave me the details of the embassy. Thankfully, Helen is helping me with the "paper chase" in Australia. Helen, thank you so much! You have been so helpful! It still feels like I am drowning in paperwork. Last week I had a couple of "mini breakdowns" to Clinton. He is always so great to listen to me and makes me feel better. I realized that more of the breakdown had to do with the infertility issues. I was just having a pity party that some people get pregnant soo easy. We have been through a lot and will have spent lots ( lets just say many tens of thousands of dollars) by the time this process is over. So far this adoption process has just felt like jumping through an eternal row of hoops. ( even worse than getting accredited to teach in the state of Ca.). I just have to focus on the end result. I can't wait to become a mom! To make myself feel better I did a little retail therapy this weekend. I bought my first things for Ella Rose! I bought several onesies and a really cute purple one that said "daddies little princess". I have to admit it felt a little weird shopping in the childrens department for my baby. It almost felt like I was doing something wrong. But like a t-shirt I saw the other day , I am officially " pregnant on paper" and thats what expectant mothers do is buy lots of cute stuff for their kid! Right? Anyway, I am over it and am on the upward swing of this roller coaster ride. Today I am feeling positive and excited. We are moving forward little by little. We have both had our physicals. I am very pleased to report that I do not have T.B. and about the only complaint the doctor had was that I keep my ears to clean! They forgot to do Clintons T.B. test so he has to go back next week to get it done. Other than that we just have a couple of more forms to complete and get notorized before our appointment with our homestudy agency on the 17th. Once we get into full swing of the homestudy we can get all the other necessary paperwork notarized and authenticated for our dossier. Yeah! I can't wait until this *&#(%!(@ dossier is completed. Then, the real wait begins!

1 comment:

Candy said...

Cant wait to watch your journey to Ella Rose....Hugs candy and Kya Blu