Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

Our social worker just left our house and in the words of my first graders " Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!" It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I did all of that organizing and cleaning for nothing! She didn't even leave our living room! She was very nice and made us feel very comfortable. She just got some basic info. and asked us questions about parenting, disciplining, etc... I think the visit went very well! She scheduled 2 more visits. The last visit is scheduled for Valentines Day. This is when she should have the homestudy report for us. Wow! What a great Valentines present! The only thing we have to worry about now is scheduling a class they call the "Journey Abroad Program". It is a course that we take over the course of 4 evenings. Scheduling anything (especially weekends) is a bit of a nightmare around here. Clinton's schedule is packed on the weekends until 2008. They will not complete the homestudy until we have completed the course. Soooo we will just have to make it work! It's just another little hurdle but I am sure everything will work out great! I am actually excited about taking the classes as I am sure we will receive more info about international adoption.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Ya see, not so bad... Glad it went well. Classes are good too. I went to all the agency offered.

Met some nice people but not a one compares to the greatness of my blog and email buddies.

cara said...

Hey! So glad the visit went well. Was the social worker also impressed with Annabelle? I'm sure she was on her best behavior!