Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2 down and 1 to go!

We just had our second appointment with our social worker. Again, the meeting went very well. This time she went over our autobiographies that we had written. She will e-mail the preliminary report to me in a week to 10 days and then we will receive the final copy on Valentine's Day. Does anyone out there in blog land know what the average turn around time is to receive approval from INS once they receive the homestudy? She said 6 to 8 weeks but this seems like a long time to me. We have already submitted our application and have gotten our fingerprints. I don't think that we will even be considered for a referral until our Dossier is complete ( and INS approval is part of the completed Dossier). So this means we may not even be considered for a referral until late April. I have an e-mail in to our Adoption Coordinator to double check. I would be interested in hearing from others who have adopted with other agencies in regards to this. Did your agency give you a referral before you got INS approval? I'm a little fuzzy on this whole procedure. Thanks!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Yes, it is about 30-6o days for INS approval as best I can recall. And different agencies do it differently re: getting a referral before or after the dossier is submitted. My agency didn't give me a referral until my dossier was sent (maybe a week or two before it was sent).