Monday, March 12, 2007

Still Waiting

We couldn't stand it anymore so Clinton called our attorney's office. Our birth mother has gone to visit her mom for her birthday. I am assuming that this means she is telling her mom about the pregnancy (it is a little hard to cover up at this point). I am actually very happy about this fact. Last week she did not want her family to know under any circumstances. I know if it were my daughter I would definitely want to be there to support her. She might be reconsidering raising the baby herself. However, I feel like she is really thinking this through and will be confident in whatever decision she makes. We were given some tips on how to ensure that the birth mothers heart and head are aligned ( the heart will always win no matter what the head says). I feel confident I will be able to tell if and when we meet her.

At least there are a couple of conversations in my head that have been put to rest ( which makes me feel better) - she has in fact received our resume and it did not get lost in the mail and our attorney is in contact with her and we will get a definite yes or no answer ( I wasn't sure how much "space" and thinking time the mother was given before she was contacted by our attorney). All in all I think this is a good thing. We should hear something either tomorrow or Wednesday. So for the time being we are still waiting.

1 comment:

Angel said...

WOW! Nerve wracking I am sure. I agree with you...I think it is really good that she is taking her time. Of course you want her to be very sure about her decision. Angel