Friday, March 23, 2007

New Birth Mom?

We still haven't heard from the birthmom that we have been waiting for but our attorney just called us and he has another birth mother in mind for us. She wants to see several resumes, so we will be in the mix. She is very familiar with adoption as she was adopted herself. Our attorney actually handled her adoption 23 years ago!I am definitely not jumping to any conclusions about this one. I do know that she loves the beach and is a lifeguard. Did I ever mention that our favorite place is the beach? If it is meant to be, then it will happen. She is due late June. Hopefully, this one will not drag out for weeks and we will get an answer within a reasonable amount of time. Maybe by the end of next week or the beginning of the next week? I thought that we would get a pretty speedy answer from the last birthmom but didn't , so who knows? I do feel like this case is a little different and this birthmom has had a little more time to process her feelings.

To answer Helen's question about wearing white shoes after Easter... In the South it is considered improper ( at least the way I was raised) to wear white after labor day ( Early September) or before Easter. I have to say to this day I do not wear white shoes until after Easter ( crazy- huh!) Some other " Southern Things" are Red Velvet Cake ( I actually had one of my moms at school the other day bring me a red velvet cupcake because she knew I was from the south) and sweetened ice tea. Red Velvet cake is the most delicious cake that is red with cream cheese icing. Sweetened Ice tea is also something you see in the south. When you go out to restaurants you have to stipulate whether you want sweetened or unsweetened. If you order unsweetened ice tea in Ca they look at you like you are crazy. How else would you want your tea? It took me awhile to get used to this.

Clinton is in town this weekend and is presenting in front of 800 to 1000 people tonight. I am leaving in a few minutes to go watch him. I am very proud of him! He is also in negotiations with Chevron. They want him to go to Houston, Singapore, and South Africa to provide trainings for their young executives. It is a very exciting time in our house!

No comments: