Saturday, March 17, 2007

Heart full of gratitude

I have just returned home from the grocery store ( of all places) and my heart is filled with gratitude. For a couple of months I went to the grocery store and they never had my favorite soda ( Dt.Mt.Dew). I asked the clerk about this and he suggested that I put in a request for it. Tonight guess what I found on the shelves. My Diet Mt. Dew! The bagger then asked as usual "Can I help you out to your car?" ( I always say no thank you but might start taking him up on his offer when I have to deal with a baby and a cart full of groceries) It just made me start thinking about what a wonderful place I live. I truly love the community in which we live. It is clean, safe, 95% of the time people are happy, nice and courteous ( including drivers), the weather is always beautiful, and it is very pet friendly ( It is not unusual to be shopping in Macys or Nordstroms and run into people shopping with their dogs - also a couple of weeks ago I even saw a dog in church - 1st time for everything I guess) Now mind you would not find me shopping with my dog or see my dog in church ( I just think it is to bizarre) but there are pet friendly restaurants that we visit and it is always great to take Annabelle to the beach. Clinton is often away on the weekends ( this weekend he is in Hawaii- poor baby) and I never once feel uncomfortable or scared. This is such a great feeling considering the last place we lived- although a very nice neighborhood but just a bad city in general- I always felt a bit insecure when Clinton was away. Also, there are always soccer or baseball games going on just around the corner. I think it will be a great place to raise children!

The only downside to living in such a beautiful place is being so far away from my family and friends. I will always be in my heart a "West Virginia" girl and it will always be considered "home". I intend on having our children very familiar with West Virginia ( and Australia). I don't think you can find any nicer people in the world. I don't know if it is a "southern thing" or maybe just my parents but I feel I was raised to have manners and to be respectful of others ( also not to wear white shoes until after Easter - just kidding - kind of). I feel like kids today ( even in elementary school) are often missing these two traits.

Anyways, today I am grateful for my loving husband, my loving mom and family, my awesome friends, Newport Beach and the Pavilions around the corner for getting my Mt. Dew ( LOL).

3 comments:

Muminlaw said...

My dearest Kelley,
Our thoughts are with you and Clinton. If wishes could get you a baby you would have a houseful of them.
Don't forget that all your in-laws over here in Australia are thinking of you.

Betsy said...

I think Dt Mtn Dew is a Southern thing! hee hee

The white shoes after Easter thing cracked me up. I'm a So CA native and we never follow the dress code rules. Anything goes here (that's one of the things I like best about CA though).

Muminlaw said...

What is this "thing" about not wearing white shoes before Easter?
Is it an American custom?
Please explain!
We wear any coloured shoes or even no shoes at all, especially at this time of the year (nearly Easter).