Monday, November 19, 2007

Trip to Gatlinburg

While I was at my moms house we took a girls trip to Gatlinburg, which is in the Smokey Mountains. We used to go there every year when I was a kid and I have many fond memories of spending time with my mom and dad. We met my Aunt Sue and Cousin Sabrina there and had a great time!The leaves were absolutely breathtaking! We also got a bonus because the town was already decorated for Christmas! It was really cold there ( by So Cal standards) and I had to buy a heavy coat. Our favorite thing to do when we all get together is to SHOP and we did plenty of it! Aidan was a very good boy but reached his limit when we spent a day of shopping and then went to the Black Bear Jamboree dinner theater. It is best NOT to take a 3 month old to a loud dinner Christmas performance after he has been drug throughout many shopping malls throughout the day. My mom took him outside to the lobby and let him stretch out on a bench and he was fine. For Christmas my entire family (about 12 or 13 of us) are renting a cabin in Pigeon Forge which is just outside of Gatlinburg. I absolutely can not wait! This time Clinton gets to join in on the fun! I hope Aidan gets to have a white Christmas for his first Christmas! My handsome boy and his Nana
Sporting my new coat

My cousin Sabrina, Aunt Sue, Aidan, and me



For some reason my mom HATES getting her picture taken. She kept hiding behind my cousin so she could not be seen. However, my cousin and I devised a plan and this was the result.



Tree in the village. My favorite trees are the orange and red ones.





The tram that goes up the mountain where they have some outdoor activities like ice skating and skiing. I actually have not been on that tram since I was 10 years old.




Photo taken from the balcony of our hotel room. There is a stream that runs outside the property. Usually we sleep with the window cracked so we can hear the stream at night but didn't this time because we didn't want to make Aidan sick.













Another view from our hotel room.








No comments: