Friday, November 23, 2007

Rachel Ray Lies!

I never ever watch cooking shows, but just happened to stumble across Rachel Rays show with the title - Thanksgiving Dinner in 60 minutes. This intrigued me so I proceeded to watch the show. Everything she made looked so yummy and I couldn't believe you could do it in 60 minutes! I decided this was going to be my Thanksgiving dinner that I would prepare. She lied!! O.K. well maybe SHE can prepare the meal in 60 minutes because she is a professional, but for us amateurs it is just not that easy!

Let me just say that when I first decided to prepare this meal I thought it was just going to be Clinton and me. I sent out several invitations but didn't hear back from anyone, so I just thought everyone made other plans. Well on Wednesday I found out that I was making dinner for 6. This would be o.k. I had bought an extra turkey breast and had it in the freezer just in case I needed to make more. I immediately got out the breast and let it begin to thaw. I started to get a little nervous because I had never prepared anything that was on my menu - Herb stuffed turkey breast, autumn potatoes, apple cider green beans, and apple stuffing muffins. I first started to panic when I began to fix the turkey. I told the butcher at the grocery store what I planned on making and he told me I should get a butterball turkey breast. When I opened up the turkey I realized that it was the wrong kind of breast! I needed one that was intact so I could gently raise the skin to insert the herb mixture. What I had bought was some ghetto turkey breast that had been sliced open and held together with string. I was not a happy camper. I undid the string on one of the breast to see what would happen and the entire thing fell apart! Anyway, I improvised and it turned out fair. The entire meal was a bitch to make. Nothing turned out like I thought but it was at least edible. I was never so glad when the meal was finally finished 3 hours later! 60 minute - I don't think so!

The dinner went o.k. I usually love cooking for a small group and getting out my grandmothers crystal and china. Mr. A on his first Thanksgiving. He slept the entire time we had company and no one even got to see him.
my grandmothers crystal and china

We were happy to have Kalisto there


Big James and little James. I wanted to get a picture of the 2 babies but Aidan was sleeping the entire time.



millionaire in training!










No comments: