Monday, June 25, 2007

Last day of school and what's next?

Woohoo! Friday was my last day of school. It feels so free to not have to go to work for 2 months! Now I am taking a look at "What's next?"

We just finished an amazing "Play 2 Win" this weekend. I had so much fun working with Clinton! He is really taking Play 2 Win up a notch. As I have mentioned before - Play 2 Win is composed of various games to teach different business principles in a fun and interactive environment. Each game has it's own "theme" and characters ( our wardrobe department is getting big!) This weekend I got to be an angel, belly dancer ( Dolphina - the greatest belly dancer in the world! - this really took a lot of courage to play this part), an army girl , and a nerdy scientist. We had 2 photographers at this event and got some really great shots. I will post a few once I receive them.

This weekend was really different in that we had 2 children present. They had a great time and added so much to the training. However, not all of the content is kid friendly. Sometimes the adults have breakthroughs and they share some pretty horrific things. The military game is also very intense with gunfire sounds, a smoke machine, and scenes from Saving Private Ryan where there is a lot of blood shed playing on our large screen. As I was driving home last night I had an awesome idea! I have decided that we need to have a training for kids running simultaneously in the next room- Frontier Kids. I can have games for the kids that teach them about money, teamwork, responsibility, marketing, negotiating, setting goals, and having a vision for their lives! I thought with some of the older kids we could even work on writing a mini business plan.

We could bring the kids in the Play to Win Training room to participate in the more "light hearted" games. There is one game that the adults play called Merchants of Tradeus ( this is the game where I dressed as a belly dancer.) To make it simple there is an East ( where there are staff in Chinese garb and a Chinese Emperor and a West where there are staff in Italian garb and an Italian King. In the middle is the "silk road" where we have staff in middle eastern garb, a belly dancer, and a Sheik. The participants have to buy and trade spices, silks, and furs for gold and gems. To do this they have to deal with all of the characters and travel through the silk road. Now, the silk road is technically the desert - this is where the kids come in. I thought of teaching the kids about running a business - the marketing, how to make a profit, negotiating, etc.. and having them set up a stand of their choice in the desert. Most likely a water or lemonade stand. I would have them dress in Middle Eastern garb also ( just for fun). I am really excited where we can take this idea! The target market of Frontier Trainings is business owners. Where do most business owners want to be on the weekend instead of a training? With their families. By having Frontier Kids we have just expanded our target market! It can become a "family event" where the adults as well as the kids can learn some kick butt lessons.

I will spend this summer working with Clinton - attending networking events, working on our business plan, and working on Frontier Kids. Where does this leave me in the fall? To teach or not to teach is the question. I know what my heart is telling me to do , but my head is disagreeing. We are very optimistic that we will find a birth mom over the summer. If this is the case there will be no questions what I will be doing - being a mommy and working at home. I have already decided that when we do become parents that I will have a nanny or babysitter come to all of the events. This way we can provide childcare to other participants who have young children as well ( another benefit of attending Play to Win).

I would appreciate feedback from any parents out there. Would Frontier Kids be something that you would be interested in your kids attending?

No comments: