Thursday, September 27, 2007

Please pray for everyone in process of adopting from Guate.

The families in process of adopting from Guatemala can use your prayers. Our government is letting them down. After releasing a statement that basically said that if you were in process of an adoption from Guatemala that you would be "grandfathered" in and the adoption would be completed. A recent statement the government released stated that if your adoption isn't complete by December 31st that there is nothing they can do to help you complete the adoption. I think that is a bunch of bull! There are hundreds if not thousands of orphans in Guatemala that are waiting to come home to their families in the U.S. Some mothers are even in Guate. right now fostering their children and have been for up to a year. I can't imagine bonding with a child for so long and now being told by our government "sorry, if your adoption is not complete by December we are just going to hang you out to dry!"

Clinton and I have recently been talking about when we will start the process for baby #2. I still feel pulled towards Guatemala and have been keeping updated as to what is going on there. Last week I contacted WPA to discuss starting the process for baby # 2 from Guate. We now know that we will not start the process any time soon, if ever. I feel it is just to risky.

I thank God that we have our precious Aidan. He is truly a blessing. I know in my heart that he was meant to be our son. I guess only God knows if we were meant to have more children. I will keep my heart open and just listen for awhile.

2 comments:

Lucinda Naia said...

It's even worse now. The Guatemalan president has been quoted as saying that all adoptions will be suspended Jan. 1. All adoptions - even the ones who are in process with POA signed. Here's the link:
http://www.jcics.org/Guatemala5000.htm#Announcement

Betsy said...

Love the pics.

Hey, check out:
http://www.petitiononline.com/foafoa1/petition.html

Might help if you signed the petition. Whatcha think?