Monday, May 28, 2007

update

It has been awhile since I have posted. Let me recap what is going on in our lives.

I will start with the adoption front. We got a call last week about a birth mom but decided to pass due to there being a history of mental illness. It was a little painful doing this but we decided it was for the best. So we are still waiting for a birthmom. Some friends of ours just adopted a newborn boy. They found their birthmom through a friend of a friend. I am seriously considering e-mailing everyone listed in my contacts and just letting them know that we are adopting and to please keep us in mind if they hear of anyone. I haven't really been contacting our attorney because things have been a little crazy on the business side which I will get to later..However, I will now be contacting our attorney on a weekly basis, just to keep us on his mind.

Our business is doing really great. Clinton just got back from China a couple of weeks ago where he taught and they played his game at a business school for entrepeneurs. He had translators all around the room translating for him. It was a great experience for him. Our company is growing and we have brought on a couple of people to work for us. One of them spent many years with the Anthony Robbins corporation and we are getting some really great and new ideas. For several weeks we had 3 people staying with us ( the reason I wasn't pushing the adoption - considering there was someone living in the babies room) We are now down just to 1 person who spends a lot of time here but has a house in San Diego ( a couple of hours South).

I have been spending a lot of time helping Clinton and our team. At this point I am seriously considering leaving teaching and working for our company full time. It is a really hard decision to make. One the one hand I love working with Clinton and would love to be at home with him and be available to travel with him ( until the baby arrives of course). I am going to South Africa with him in August ( unless we have a baby) and have the opportunity to travel with him to China, Malaysia, and Singapore in September. I know that he could really use me here. On the other hand, I enjoy working with the kids, teach in one of the top schools in our district, and am not sure how our homestudy would be affected. I just wish we could be matched with a birthmom so my future would be more clear. I definitely plan on leaving teaching to become a full time mom and work from home once the baby is here... but what do I do in the meantime? I am basically working 2 full time jobs at this point and it is a little exhausting. We have 1 month left of school. I am praying that we hear something really soon so I can make some big time decisions and changes in my life.

That's all for now.

No comments: