Saturday, February 10, 2007

Homestudy Update

Well it looks like we may not receive our homestudy on Valentines Day as we thought. A few days ago we found out that Clinton has to go to England on Monday. I have a message in to our social worker to see if he has to be present or if I can sign off on it. I have a feeling we might have to postpone it a week. I keep telling myself that we keep running into these little road blocks because if everything did not happen exactly the way it is then we would not get the baby we were meant to have. I just have to trust in God's master plan!

On the brighter side, I did receive Clinton's documents from Australia. They are now on their way to the Guatamalan Embassy in Japan to get authenticated. They said that it only takes a couple of days to process them, so hopefully I will receive them late next week or early the following week.

Clinton and I went to get several documents notarized last week. We are just missing a few last pieces before we can send everything off to get autheticated and Great Sealed. Wow will I be glad when this dossier is complete! I just wonder - did Madonna and Angelina Jolie go through this?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Your dossier process has got to be the wildest one I've ever heard of-- need paperwork from one country, then another, then another. You are doing a GREAT job keeping track of all of it.

The "paper chase" part is hard but in a different way than the other parts of the process. The real hard part for me was after I had a picture of Savanna and had to wait in PGN for what seemed like an eternity. And, I wasn't kicked out. If I had been in PGN 2 wks it would have been too long at that point. All rationality goes by the wayside. But, I'm happy to say, once you have your baby in your arms, all the pain and heartache vanishes.